Re: Linking to stylesheets in XML

From: Norbert H. MIKULA <e_nmiku@utila.ifi.uni-klu.ac.at>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 12:21:24 +0200
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
CC: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Jon Bosak wrote:

> People should state other requirements if they can think of any.

My primary concern is to provide enough information
to support the user agent as much as possible.

* Caching of stylesheets - Keeping stylesheets local

If we have a unique identifier for stylesheets
,(F)PI's ? , we can keep commonly used stylesheets locally(cached)
(maybe even in a pre-compiled form).

Acess mechanisms like via a URL don't seem to be suitable
for that.

--
Best regards,
Norbert H. Mikula

= SGML, DSSSL, Intra- & Internet, AI, Java
= mailto:nmikula@edu.uni-klu.ac.at
= http://www.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/~nmikula