Re: A serious detail point

From: Martin Bryan <mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 17:18:11 +0100
To: W3C SGML Working Group <w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org>
At 07:44 18/4/97 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:

>>The problem is that XML has no concept of BOS
>
>This is not true.  See section XML-link section 6,
>"Extended Link Groups". -T.

No - XML extended link groups are definitely not a BOS - they are nothing
more than a group of related links stored in a source document and say
nothing about the need to transfer these documents as a set, which is what a
BOS is all about

(I'll argue this one out with you next Tuesday Tim!)
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.sgml.u-net.com/