Re: questions about entities and entity declarations

> From: Charles@sgmlsource.com (Charles F. Goldfarb)
>
> . . .
>
> 2. Forms of reference
>
> XML(SGML) text entities are referenced by a parameter entity reference or
> a general entity reference.
>
> Data entities, XML(SGML) SUBDOC entities, and XML(SGML) document entities
> are referenced only by attribute values, not by general entity references.

Charles, by this do you mean to say that entity references to SDATA
entities (which are one kind of data entity) cannot be in #PCDATA and
can only be the values of attributes with declared value of ENTITY?

Doesn't this mean that all those various ISO character reference sets
would be unusable as defined?  Are you suggesting that instead all
these entities should be redeclared as text entities with replacement
text that is a character reference (I assume you're suggesting we
continue to allow character references)?