Re: XML vrs SGML tools [was Re: Capitalizing on HTML (was ...)]

From: Jon Bosak <bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 21:20:39 -0700
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
CC: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM
[Bill Lindsey:]

| So, my problem wasn't so much with your argument as it was in trying
| to figure out how to interpret point #1 of design principal three.
| "Existing SGML tools shall be able to read and write XML data".

Bear in mind that the design principles aren't completely
comprehensive, and in the course of detailed examination may not even
prove to be completely consistent.  They are intended to convey our
current priorities.  One of the reasons we are having this
conversation is to expose the implications that these priorities have
for specific design details and conversely to explore the ways that
design realities may force us to change or clarify the priorities.

Jon