Mixed content

At 09:47 AM 9/14/96 GMT, Charles F. Goldfarb wrote:

>James Clark .. has proposed to solve this (and other RE related
>problems) by abolishing mixed content for XML. I think that is an excellent
>idea.

If we finesse the RS/RE using the Durand/Nicol trick (which seems like
a pretty trouble-free win), then (and this is a serious question) are
there remaining big problems with mixed content?  Because if not, I'd hate
to lose it... it is certainly natural to use in declaring, e.g., paragraphs
with references or images or <a href="http://www.w3.org/">hyperlinks</a>.

Cheers, Tim Bray
tbray@textuality.com http://www.textuality.com/ +1-604-488-1167