Re: B.1 and B.2 results

On Wed, 23 Oct 96 09:54:51 BST, "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

>In particular, I think Tim is at least misleading to say 'the
>smokescreen about "it's the entity not the file" is just that'.

Actually, it's the storage object, not the entity, and it isn't a smokescreen.

The parser sees *everything* in the entity, but several entities can be stored
in a single storage object. The storage object can contain things that aren't in
any SGML entities.

None of this is new; FSIs are just a new formalism for something we've always
had. See notes 1 and 2 in clause 6.1 of ISO 8879. [295:2-8]
--
Charles F. Goldfarb * Information Management Consulting * +1(408)867-5553
           13075 Paramount Drive * Saratoga CA 95070 * USA