Re: ERB decisions on A.17, B.9, and other questions

At 11:48 AM 10/21/96, Gavin Nicol wrote:
>>    <!ENTITY auml   "&u00E4;"><!-- auml = a umlaut (dec 228) -->
>
>Or perhaps:
>
>>    <!ENTITY auml   "&#u00E4;"><!-- auml = a umlaut (dec 228) -->

Gavin omitted to mention that the nice thing about the function character
solution is that SGML already folds the case, so we don't need to prescribe
a case, whereas entity names are (and should remain) case sensitive.

   This would be a non-issue if we do the right thing and make things case
sensitive (and define all keywords, etc. as lower case). But I expect that
people are too used to their preferred case conventions for this to fly.

   -- David

RE delenda est.
http://www.dynamicdiagrams.com/services_map_main.html