Re: C.13 Multiple ID and NOTATION attributes?

At 1:32 PM 10/17/96, Michael Sperberg-McQueen wrote:
>On 23 October 1996, the ERB will vote to decide the following
>question.  A straw poll indicates the ERB is leaning to no.
>
>C.13 Should XML remove SGML's prohibition on multiple ID or NOTATION
>attributes on the same element (11.3.3)?

NO.

As I said before, I also think we should hardwire the attribute name "id"
to mean "The ID attribute". Maybe we should do the same for notation,
though that usage is much less common, so maybe we should keep our
"notation" unpolluted.

   -- David

RE delenda est.

http://www.dynamicdiagrams.com/services_map_main.html