Re: B.10 Empty elements?

Eve Maler wrote:

> (2)  provide the necessary markup declarations in a "partial DTD" so that
>      empty elements can be understood:

Requiring partial DTDs is the first step on the slope to requiring DTDs and
greatly complicating XML for everyone. How will validating XML parsers
distinguish between partial DTDs and full DTDs? How will authors know the
difference?

Having said that, this approach has merit and I'm undecided on the best way to
handle empt elements - other than to say it should be simple, easily understood,
and accpetable to the masses.