Re: Simple solution? Pub. Idents. vs URN.

From: Terry Allen <tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 11:47:01 -0800 (PST)
To: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM, papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Cc: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Paul Prescod writes:
>URNs will point to all of the locations of a document

No.  URNs will not point at all.  Resolution of URNs may make
it possible to discover some of the locations of copies of
the thing named by the URN, but not necessarily (and very
likely certainly not) all of those locations.

Regards,
    Terry Allen    Fujitsu Software Corp.    tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com
"In going on with these experiments, how many pretty systems do we build,
 which we soon find outselves obliged to destroy?" - Benjamin Franklin
  A Davenport Group Sponsor:  http://www.ora.com/davenport/index.html