RE: FPIs

From: Keith M. Corbett <kmc@harlequin.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 15:10:50 -0500
To: Ken Holman <gkholman@microstar.com>
Cc: "'w3c-sgml'" <w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org>
At 10:15 AM 11/27/96 -0500, Ken Holman wrote:

>The SGML Open catalog convention of resolving relative file path named
>SYSTEM identifiers as being relative to the location of the SGML Open
>catalog provides further independence and can reduce the amount of
>"customisation" required when delivering, or moving, a suite of SGML
>files.

Yes! it's one of those simple ideas that makes a huge difference.

Jo WebPage will be impressed when she sees a working entity resolution
mechanism that supports indirection.

Some of the SP extensions (CATALOG and DELEGATE) are particularly useful
for managing multiple "interchange packages".

>Please add my voice (LOUDLY) to the clamour for supporting FPIs in XML.

And mine.

/kmc