RE: FPIs

At 10:15 AM 11/27/96 -0500, Ken Holman wrote:

>The SGML Open catalog convention of resolving relative file path named
>SYSTEM identifiers as being relative to the location of the SGML Open
>catalog provides further independence and can reduce the amount of
>"customisation" required when delivering, or moving, a suite of SGML
>files.

Yes! it's one of those simple ideas that makes a huge difference.

Jo WebPage will be impressed when she sees a working entity resolution
mechanism that supports indirection.

Some of the SP extensions (CATALOG and DELEGATE) are particularly useful
for managing multiple "interchange packages".

>Please add my voice (LOUDLY) to the clamour for supporting FPIs in XML.

And mine.

/kmc