Re: Pro-FPI manifesto. (Actually a one-character correction to get FPIs for free)

From: Terry Allen <tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 17:01:35 -0800 (PST)
To: dgd@cs.bu.edu, w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
David Durand writes:
>   So, my new suggestion for FPIs is that we not worry about the special
SGMl syntax for them, but correct the String "URL" in the XML document to
read "URI"

That was my idea too, but it would encompass URCs, and I'm not
sure that we want to get into resolution by URCs (bags-o-metadata).
One might better point to a URC by an URL or URN.

URNs would be PUBLIC, not SYSTEM, I would think.

Regards,
    Terry Allen    Fujitsu Software Corp.    tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com
"In going on with these experiments, how many pretty systems do we build,
 which we soon find outselves obliged to destroy?" - Benjamin Franklin
  A Davenport Group Sponsor:  http://www.ora.com/davenport/index.html