Re: FPIs

From: David Durand <dgd@cs.bu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 13:41:04 -0500 (EST)
To: davep@acm.org, w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
I'll also re-iterate that we could simply prepare to use the URN
approach in defining XML. We would be making a conscious decision not
to implement FPI resolution, but would also be enabling FPI use once
the URN infrastructure is in place. This would let us get the advantages
of FPIs while deferring to the internet standards bodies. Of course
I wouldn't complain about just including FPIs -- we don't need to accept
the catalog mechanism if it takes 5000 lines of code to implement.

   -- David

I am not a number, I am an undefined character!