Re: CSS vs. DSSSL-O

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 07:42:01 -0600
To: Jon Bosak <bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM>
CC: papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca, tbray@textuality.com, w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Jon Bosak wrote:

> [Len Bullard:]
>
> | It would seem the first issue would be if designing
> | XML requires one to also design styles and hyperlinks.
> | For SGML, those are separate issues traditionally.
> | Why in XML are they not?
>
> You cannot have a high-end delivery vehicle for the Web unless you have
>
> 1. Structure
>
> 2. Hyperlinking
>
> 3. Presentational semantics.

Not at issue.  Structure has been resolved with some issues
remaining that need a Technical Corrigendum for SGML.
Hyperlinking is to be discussed next and the presentational
semantics are the last item.  Ok so far?

> These have been our three explicit deliverables since we started this
> activity.
>
> Please read the activity statement.

I have read the activity statement.  Why is that an obstacle to
a reasonable discussion of the questions I am raising?

len