XML Introduction

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 08:57:25 -0500
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
"XML documents are made up of storage units called entities, which contain
either text or binary data."

Could we say "XML text or non-XML text?" I am not sure in what sense an
ASCII inclusion (e.g. a VRML world) is more "binary" than an XML document.

 Paul Prescod
---
Boycott Shell Oil worldwide!  http://www.web.apc.org/embargo/shell.htm

"Shell is here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel
said to be holding a watching brief."..."The ecological war that the Company
has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later." -Ken
Saro-Wiwa to the tribunal that later executed him.
http://www.goldmanprize.org/goldman/ken.html