Re: anchor awareness (was Re: Richer & richer semantics?)

From: David G. Durand <dgd@cs.bu.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 18:35:26 -0500
To: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@isogen.com>, w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
At 4:26 PM 12/27/96, W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
>Of course, since we don't have to worry about replacing HTML or even
>emulating it, it's a moot point.

Er, we don't have an official goal of replacing HTML (though it may be on
some private agendas). On the other hand if we can't emulate it we are dead
in the water again. Do not pass go, do not collect more than 200 users.

We _must_ be able to emulate html, vile and brain-damaged though it may be.
We already faced this in the syntax, let's not waste time on it again in
linking semantics.

  -- David