Re: Hyperlinks: (1. Background)

From: Jon Bosak <bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 13:58:40 -0800
To: w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
CC: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM
[Dave Durand:]

| My point is only to agree that we need an <a> tag

Just to head off a possible misunderstanding, I don't think that there
is any suggestion that XML specify that the element <A> is a reserved
element having the semantics of the same element in HTML; I believe
that what is being proposed is that there be a way to specify that any
arbitrary element type has the link semantics of the HTML <A>.

Jon