Re: Blended Proposal

From: Christopher R. Maden <crm@ebt.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 22:45:12 GMT
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
[Paul Prescod]

> <ULIST>{
>     <UITEM><P>Foo</P></UITEM>
>     <UITEM><P>Bar</P></UITEM>
>     <UITEM><P>Baz</P></UITEM>
> }</ULIST>

I don't think this can be made valid SGML.  It appears to require to
tag closing sequences and two tag end-tag opening sequences.  With NET
already used, only TAGC is left for closing a tag, and it can only be
defined as one thing.  The only end-tag opener is ETAGO, so that's not
doable either.

It's a nice idea, but I don't think it can be done.

-Chris
--
<!NOTATION SGML.Geek PUBLIC "-//GCA//NOTATION SGML Geek//EN">
<!ENTITY crism PUBLIC "-//EBT//NONSGML Christopher R. Maden//EN" SYSTEM