RE: RS/RE, again (sorry)

>----------

this is why I was saying that the current XML spec was more convenient
that the one I proposed in my mail: every application can decide how to
deal with this. The authorial intent  has not been expressed here.
Also, I think that 3 values for XML-SPACE is cumbersome.
You would have to write <PARA -XML-SPACE=COLLAPSE> for each paragraph if
you take
as default -XML-SPACE=DELETE or you woud have to write <UL
-XML-SPACE=DELETE> for each
list item if you take as default -XML-SPACE=COLLAPSE.