Re: SPREAD public entity set for ISO 10646 (Re: SDATA, again)

From: David Durand <dgd@cs.bu.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 09:42:57 -0500 (EST)
To: dgd@cs.bu.edu, ricko@allette.com.au
Cc: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Rick's comment reminds me that since we do not have SDATA we have a
few follow on work items:

   + add private use characters to data (Thanks Terry!)
   + document that the ISO public entity sets (and SPREAD) cannot be used with
XML, or redefine equivalent entitie sets using the proper combination of
Unicode defined and private-use characters.
   + Check the status of HTML entities. I think all the original HTML
use numeric character references and will work, right? What about the
new HTML 3.2 entities? Sorry, I don't have the reference handy.

  -- David (whose logorrhea is overwhelming his promise to shut up).