Re: Client-side-resolved Indirection

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 18:35:40 -0600
To: Ken Holman <gkholman@microstar.com>
CC: "'w3c-sgml'" <w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org>
Ken Holman wrote

> In another message I'll prepare a straw-man specification of changes to
> XML for PUBLIC identifiers.

> concept.

We use a similar mechanism in our domain files (search here when
all else fails). It also makes the use and implementation of
link validator/verifiers easier.  Link validation is one of
the gaping holes in Internet hypermedia which local intranet
systems can't live with.  (No, I don't choose to always
"serve" SGML to the client; the DB solution is not applicable.)
So, from the production perspective of working SGML hypermedia systems,
the strawman is welcome.

len bullard