Re: About objections

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:57:41 +0000
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 13:49 19/03/04 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > (a) believing that a certain decision is not the best decision that could
> > be made (grounds for a vote against in a WG meeting), and
>
>To me, that's grounds to abstain, not to object.

It sounds to me like a classic "social meaning" problem!  We agree how to
count the votes, but not necessarily what they actually mean.

BTW, in fireside discussion last night, the "Belle de Jour" news story was
mentioned, and it occurred to me that this might be an interesting case
study in social meaning:  which is more "real", the web site or the alleged
person?

#g

Graham Klyne
For email: