Re: New MIME type registration procedure approved

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:15:47 +0000
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>

At 17:18 05/02/04 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
>see also:
>   http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype.html
>
>which has gotten some recent attention by Martin and me.
>
>I'm not exactly sure what the net effect is, but if you haven't
>seen the current version ($Date: 2004/02/03 21:33:29 $) of
>that document, please take a look.

Oh dear, I wasn't aware of this document.

In both the old and new versions, it calls for the MIME type registration
template to be a normative part of the W3C spec... but we've not done that.

I was only considering the IETF end of things.

I suppose that now the RDF spec is pretty much fixed for publication as
REC, we'll have to proceed with the registration template in the IETF
document.  (Maybe a copy of this could be placed at a stable URI in W3C space?)

#g

Graham Klyne
For email:
http://www.ninebynine.org/#Contact