W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > February 2004

Review requested: [was: RE: Draft minutes of RDFCore telecon 20030130]

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:12:26 -0000
To: "Graham Klyne" <gk@ninebynine.org>, "RDF Core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <NHENIIFPBIIGLIEEKIDAMEDOCAAA.bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

Thanks Graham.  Please can we have a second reviewer.

Brian


> -----Original Message-----
> From: w3c-rdfcore-wg-request@w3.org
> [mailto:w3c-rdfcore-wg-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Graham Klyne
> Sent: 02 February 2004 10:44
> To: Brian McBride; RDF Core
> Subject: Re: Draft minutes of RDFCore telecon 20030130
>
>
>
> These minutes posted record the meeting as I recall it, modulo
> Mike Dean's
> attendance.
>
> #g
> --
>
> At 17:03 30/01/04 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:
>
> >Agenda:
> >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2004Jan/0095.html
> >
> >Transcript:
> >    http://www.w3.org/2004/01/30-rdfcore-irc
> >
> >swebscrape:N3:python:
> >http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/scripts/minutes2n3.py
> >date: 2004-01-30
> >
> >1: scribe - volunteer needed
> >
> >bwm selected by Zakim.
> >
> >2: Roll Call
> >regrets: Jeremy, PatH, DanC, JanG
> >present:  FrankM, DanBri, bwm, Janet (part time), EMiller, DaveB,
> >GrahamKlyne
> >
> >3: Review Agenda
> >skipped
> >
> >4: Testimonial Orientation &&
> >5: Press Release Input and Request for Reviewers
> >
> >Janet congratulated RDFCore on gettng the docs ready.  Subject to the
> >director's decision, the plan is hold a joint announcement with WEBONT on
> >Feb 10 2004 under the banner of reaching a major milestone in the
> >development of the semantic web.
> >
> >Testimonials are an important part of the announcement.  Janet
> presented the
> >material in:
> >
> >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2004Jan/0089.html
> >
> >as guidance for those preparing a testimonial.  Details can be
> found in the
> >irc log
> >
> >   http://www.w3.org/2004/01/30-rdfcore-irc
> >
> >Also:
> >
> >A key message is that the semantic web is real, not just theoretical, so
> >folks are strongly encouraged to include real examples of how
> the semantic
> >web is being used in their testimonials.
> >
> >There will be separate sheets of testimonials for RDF and OWL.  A single
> >testimonial relevant to both can be put on both, or an organisation can
> >prepare separate testimonials for each.
> >
> >Please send all communications to both the PR team and cc Eric Miller.
> >
> >There should shortly be a draft of the W3C press release so
> folks understand
> >the context in which the testimonial will appear.
> >
> >Testimonials have not be sought from the membership in general,
> though that
> >will be done shortly.  Eric has been actively soliciting support
> from folks
> >working on RDF but not on the WG.
> >
> >An example testimonial sheet can be found at
> >http://www.w3.org/2004/01/ccpp-testimonial and others can be found under
> >http://www.w3.org/Press/.
> >
> >If some organizations wish to make their own press release, W3C welcomes
> >that, but requests:
> >
> >   - the W3C has 24 hours to check that W3C is accurately
> represented in the
> >release
> >   - that accompanying releases are sent at least 15 minutes after the
> >scheduled W3C release which is 10am Eastern time, 10 Feb 2004.
> >   - folks may be asked to delay if there are problems, e.g. in
> publishing
> >the docs
> >
> >W3C places no restrictions on who from an organisation signs a
> testimonial,
> >but recommends that someone whose name is familiar to the trade
> press does
> >so.
> >
> >Any questions should be sent to the W3T PR list and cc'd to Eric Miller.
> >
> >6: Next telecon
> >
> >To allow a telecon before 10 Feb,
> >
> >Resolved: Next telecon 13 Feb 2004 1000 Boston Time
> >
> >7: Rec Docs sanity check
> >
> >There is editorial work to do to publish the docs as recs.
> >
> >ERIC HAS WRITE LOCK ON ALL THE EDITORS DRAFTS
> >
> >A number of editorial changes have been made or in progress of
> being made,
> >including:
> >
> >   - style sheets updated to REC stylesheet
> >   - big yellow warning box about status
> >   - copyright updated to 2004
> >   - links to errata and translations added
> >   - doc status updated
> >   - references updated
> >
> >Eric requests doc editors to verify changes to doc references.  The links
> >should go to the shadow TR docs, the ammended text should be checked.
> >
> >ACTION: danbri review schema
> >ACTION: daveb review syntax
> >ACTION: daveb review test cases
> >ACTION: frank review primer
> >ACTION: gk review concepts
> >ACTION: em review model theory
> >ACTION: em use judgement to update IANA reference appropriately
> >
> >The WG is aware we are not updating LBase at this time.
> >
> >8: Mime type registration
> >
> >Discussion over whether to hold off until rec.
> >
> >RESOLVED to delay mimetype registration till after the documents
> reach REC.
> >
> >ACTION: gk inform Aaron.
> >
> >9: TAG Architecture Doc review
> >
> >No discussion.
> >
> >AOB:
> >
> >Please review the draft agenda for the SW interest group meeting
> at the Tech
> >Plenary
> >
> >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2004Jan/0188.html
> >
> >Meeting Adjourned.
> >
> >After adjournment, Danbri mentioned that he had updated the docs
> at the RDF
> >and RDFS namespaces.
>
> ------------
> Graham Klyne
> For email:
> http://www.ninebynine.org/#Contact
>
Received on Monday, 2 February 2004 06:14:51 EST

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Monday, 2 February 2004 06:14:54 EST