Re: Review of nodeID text

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:34:34 +0200
Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> DaveB:
> > I prefer:
> >
> > Blank node identifiers are also generated when
> > none is given explicitly with an rdf:nodeID attribute value.
>
> Even though that's basically my wording it's not working for me.
>
> I found the part of the sentence starting "with ..." seem to hang off the
> "generated" rather than the "given". Maybe swap "also generated" to
> "generated also"

Let me try again, although I'm losing the will to live at this point :)

I don't think swapping the words you suggest would help but putting the
sentence the other way around makes the correct parts associate.

  If no blank node identifier is given explicitly as an rdf:nodeID
  attribute value then one will need to be generated.

  (reminder, this is in 5.2, Blank Node Identifiers first sentence of last paragraph:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Identifiers
  )

plus maybe a reference forward to generated-blank-node-id() in 6.3.3

<snip/>

Dave