Proposed reply to Dave Reynolds

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:38:55 +0300
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Housekeeping before LC2.

Should we not send something like this ...
(I note that there is no formal WG decision on this as yet - the last I could
find was the fudge in:

Maybe we should formally approve a motion like:

PROPOSE rescind decision of 15th August on fudging xmlsch whitespace

Dear Dave

as you know your comment concerning whitespace processing of XML Schema
datatypes in
has given rise to lengthy discussion in the RDF Core WG.

NegativeEntailmentTest xmlsch-02/Manifest.rdf#whitespace-facet-2 - FAIL
NegativeEntailmentTest xmlsch-02/Manifest.rdf#whitespace-facet-1 - FAIL
  These test non-mutual entailment of a valid literal with an invalid
  literal that differs only by whitespace. Unfortunately our XSD
  handling library is happy with the whitespace and doesn't
  treat " 3 " as an invalid int.
  This could be fixed if that is indeed how XSD is supposed to work,
  though the current behaviour seems more useful in practice.

However, we are not planning to make any changes in response to this comment.;
although we are seeking further feedback from the XML Schema WG.

Please reply, cc-ing www-rdf-comments@w3.org, indicating whether you accept