collecting objections

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:05:18 +0300
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

This is possibly critical path suggestion to the w3c team and the chairs.

In the announcement of a last call, it is conventional to list the issues on
which there is outstanding dissent.

My understanding is that:
- we have clear dissent on datatypes as stated in the msg concerning the first
last call,
- we have some other dissent listed in the first last call msg

- we believe we have dissent from I18N on xml:lang and rdf:XMLLiteral
- we believe we have dissent from Peter on something, but not necessarily what
is in the last call issues list as "not accepted".

I suggest it is critical to get I18N to formally record their objection this
week or next.

I suggest it is critical to agree a form of words with Peter that records his
objection(s), if any, with our documents.

With such objections recorded we can include them in the last call for review,
and then a failure for these to resonate with the community would give a
(passive) endorsement of the WG decisions.

I believe that drafting the msg to the chairs soon, addressing the issue of
listing the dissent, will be instructive.

Jeremy