Re: I18N Issue alternative: a passing thought.

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:54:59 +0100
To: "Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Jos,

I think what you describe is different from what Pat proposed:

Pat suggested, now withdrawn:  language tags are property values.

Jos describes: languages are properties, following the "interpretation
property" style suggested by TimBL [1], more recently noted in the ESW Wiki
[2].

(cf.  "Attempt 2" and "Attempt 3" in [1].)

[1] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/InterpretationProperties

[2] http://esw.w3.org/topic/InterpretationProperties

At 02:06 19/09/03 +0200, Jos De_Roo wrote:

>I still LOVE that design and along interpretationproperties
>I eg can't find anything wrong with the lang issue variation
>_:b eg:name _:c.
>_:c lang:fi "Ora Yrjö Uolevi Lassila".
>

>--
>Jos De Roo, AGFA http://www.agfa.com/w3c/jdroo/
>

>                       Dan
> Brickley
>
>                       <danbri@w3.org>           To:       pat hayes
> <phayes@ihmc.us>
>                       Sent
> by:                  cc:       w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>
>                       w3c-rdfcore-wg-req        Subject:  Re: I18N Issue
> alternative: a passing thought.
>                       uest@w3.org
>

>                       2003-09-19
> 12:45
>
>                       AM
>

>* pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us> [2003-09-18 17:40-0500]
> >
> > Just in case it wasn't clear from my last message, I withdraw the
> > suggestion about treating lang tags as property values, and no longer
> > think that we should even consider that design.
>
>Thanks for the tour of that corner of design space. I think we know
>enough to not go there this side of (hypothetical) RDF 2.0.
>
>Dan

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org