Re: I18N Issue alternative: a passing thought.

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:21:21 +0300
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

JosD:
> I still LOVE that design and along interpretationproperties
> I eg can't find anything wrong with the lang issue variation
> _:b eg:name _:c.
> _:c lang:fi "Ora Yrjö Uolevi Lassila".

Me neither, but *this* design would be out of order because it does not
address the I18N concern.

In particular what triples arise from

<rdf:Derscription xml:lang="fi">
  <dc:creator rdf:parseType="Literal">
Ora Yrjö Uolevi <b>Lassila</b>
   </dc:creator>
</rdf:Description>

The interpretation property is either the datatype or the language but not
both.
(I am not saying that's wrong, but given that the only reason for reopening
the design issue at this stage would be if we could really address the I18N
issue then this design is not right)

Jeremy