RE: I18N Issue alternative: collapsing plain and xml literals

At first I thought this was what you were proposing, but
then dismissed it to my misunderstanding you, given the
enormous impact such a change would have on legacy content.

This will break so much legacy content out there, as
well as force applications needing basic string types to
choose an RDF-external datatype and use typed literals,
that I am really surprised it is suggested seriously.

At the very least, if this approach were adopted, I would
expect completely new namespaces for the RDF vocabulary,
to protect legacy applications from this upheaval in the
definition of plain literals.