Proposed rdf:RDF change

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:28:25 +0100
To: Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Frank: since this is critical path for you, here's the change I
propose to make (on or by Monday):

  7.2.1. Grammar start
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20030117/#start

Old:

  If the RDF/XML is a standalone XML document (identified by
  presentation as an application/rdf+xml RDF MIME type object, or by
  some other means) then the grammar starts with Root Event doc.

New:

  If the RDF/XML is a standalone XML document (identified by
  presentation as an application/rdf+xml RDF MIME type object, or by
  some other means) then the grammar may start with either production
  doc or production nodeElement.

---

There will then be a new test case something like this:

<Book xmlns="http://example.org/terms#">
  <title>My First Primer</title>
</Book>

giving the two N-Triples:

_:a <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> <http://example.org/terms#Book> .
_:a <http://example.org/terms#title> "My First Primer" .

(I note my parser Raptor emits the above triples fine if I give it
the --assume option to make it ignore the rdf:RDF flag; so this is
pretty much already implemented)

Dave