D-interpretation is also rdfs-interpretation

At 17:14 07/11/03 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
>er... really? datatype-awareness implies rdfs? I wasn't
>aware of that. I'm not at all sure I believe it.

I thought it did.  Mainly, rdfs:Datatype is part of the rdfs
vocabulary.  And, for example, rdfs:Datatype rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Class,
and xxx rdf:type rdfs:Datatype => xxx rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Literal.  Also,
the semantic conditions on datatypes are stated, in part, in terms of the
RDFS semantic conditions (viz. ICEXT).

#g

Graham Klyne
For email: