Proposed editorial change concenring %-escaping in RDF URI Refs

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:59:52 +0100
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Peter has made a comment

I do suggest, however, that there be some indication in RDF Concepts that
applications that wish to generate RDF URI references that contain non
US-ASCII characters not escape these characters.  See Section 6 of
http://www.textuality.com/tag/uri-comp-4 for a similar indication.  (This
text may have been incorporated into RFC2396bis.)

I suggest adding another note, as in the following proposed reply.

Hi Peter,

I am happy to add yet another note at the end of section 6.4 RDF URI

Note: Two different RDF URI references, one of which uses %-escape sequences
encode to the same URI reference. These are not equal. To minimize the risk
of this,
when generating RDF URI references it is prefered to avoid using the
%-escape form.