Re: entailment-from-inconsistent-graph: new test case request

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> while sympathetic to Jan's desire for meangingful test cases, I note that
> peter's test (particualrly the choice of conclusion) depends on a somewhat
> non-obvious technicality.
>
> false does-not-simply-entail G
>
> for any non-empty G, because G uses at least one URI which is not in all
> interpretations of false.

[[
if E is a ground triple s p o . then I(E) = true if

s, p and o are in V, I(p) is in IP and <I(s),I(o)> is in IEXT(I(p))

otherwise I(E)= false.
]]
... would seem to catch ground non-empty G's, and I think the semantic
conditions for blank nodes are ok too; G comes out false under an
interpretation which doesn't contain a URI in G.

"...perl has been dead for more than 4 years." - Abigail in the Monastery