Re: webont-01 'rename schema' proposal

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 17:50:51 +0300
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

I found graham's post (reject) the most compelling.

If we are going to deprecate the word "schema" then we should:
- remove all mention of it, except the definition of the term
- replace every use of the namespace prefix rdfs

DanB seems to drift towards some compromise in which we only half deprecate
the term, which allows us to be lazy as well as the rest of the world.

If vocabulary is really so much of a better word than schema then we should
use it consistenly. Since we can't be bothered to change, change is not
necessary.

I can think of better things to do with my life than accept this comment.

Franks points are also significant and point towards rejecting the comment.

Jeremy