RE: restrictions bnodes

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 14:18:47 +0200
To: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@w3.org>, "Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "graham Klyne" <gk@ninebynine.org>, "RDF Core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Only OWL DL and OWL Lite.

A workaround is as follows.

<rdf:RDF xml:base="&my;"
  xmlns:my="&my;" >
<owl:InverseFunctionalProperty rdf:about="#nodeID" />
<Image>
 <depicts>
  <Person>
    <my:nodeID rdf:resource="gensym001"/>
    <mbox rdf:resource="mailto:danbri@w3.org"/>
  </Person>
</Image>

<Group>
 <member>
  <Person>
   <my:nodeID rdf:resource="gensym001"/>
   <homepage rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/People/DanBri/"/>
  </Person>
 </member>
</Group>

This forces the two Persons to refer to the same resource, even though they
have different bnodes. You do need to pollute the URI space with the
gensym's, as far as I can tell. (You cannot use strings with
InverseFunctionalProperty's in OWL DL and OWL Lite).

Jeremy