Re: [closed] pfps-14 "Social Meaning and RDF"

Regarding Peter's problem with this resolution:  It seems to me we also
decided to go through the other documents to find places where this
"meaning" business needed to be resolved.  The original wording
mentioned by Peter was in the Primer (but it was actually a comment on
all the documents.  One suggestion I thought of was to use one of my
tent examples in some discussion to show that, while a human might be
able to read a lot of meaning into the triples produced:

ex:item10245  rdf:type exterms:Tent
ex:item10245  exterms:model "Overnighter"
ex:item10245  exterms:sleeps "2"
ex:item10245  exterms:weight "2.4"

as far as a *machine* is concerned what it sees (assuming it understands
RDF) is more like:

fy:jufn10245  rdf:type fyufsnt:Ufou
fy:jufn10245  fyufsnt:npefm "Pwfsojhiufs"
fy:jufn10245  fyufsnt:tmffqt "2"
fy:jufn10245  fyufsnt:xfjhiu "2.4"

All the rest is "social meaning" of a sort, and needs to be based on
extra-RDF mechanisms.  Comments?

--Frank