Re: Test cases for literal equality?

>>>Dan Connolly said:
> On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 05:32, Dave Beckett wrote:
> > xsd:string is a datatype in the XSD specification and from what I
> > recall, RDF doesn't use it - no RDF literal is an xsd:string
>
> careful... no RDF literal is specified to be (i.e. denote)
> an xsd:string; but neither is it specified to be
> (i.e. denote) *not* an xsd:string.

yes, there are many things RDF or parts of it are not, but we don't
generally list them :)

> RDF literals and xsd:strings are both sequences of unicode
> characters, so it's straightforward to see them as
> overlapping.

I did go on:
> >  although the lexical form definition is compatible with it.

> > as I can tell.  So we don't need to test xsd:string comparisons.
>
> No, but keep in mind that WebOnt does, and if they have questions
> as a result, we might owe them answers.

RDF plain literals have a language part, so are not equal to xsd:string.

The lexical form part of RDF typed literals is compatible with
but not equal to xsd:string.

Both imply no need to run xsd:string tests

Dave