Re: Proposal: issue pfps-14 (social meaning in RDF)

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 07:25:29 -0500
To: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

* Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org> [2003-03-07 09:43+0000]
> I propose we accept the recommendation from the group meeting at W3C tech
> plenary:

> [[
> The Semantic Web Architecture meeting at the W3C tech plenary
> resolved unanimously to this message.
> We suggest that:
> - section 4 is struck
> - postpone rdfms-assertion
> - strike other text concerning rdfms-assertion
> - CG prioritise work on this issue,
>    co-ordinated with the TAG over URI denotation.
> ]]
> -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0486.html
> <aside>
> Absent from the meeting, I'd like to thank Jeremy for taking the hot-seat,
> and everyone who spent effort to bring the relevant issues to the fore.
> I think it is particularly appropriate that this issue be dealt with by
> SWebCG or TAG, clearly separated from the RDF *technical* specification,
> but indicating a sense of the purpose of RDF (whatever that may be ;-)
> </aside>

I'm not convinced the social and technical can be so easily separated, but
I am convinced that further discussion is needed!

With RDFIG chair hat on, I propose www-rdf-logic@w3.org (an RDFIG list)
as an initial forum for continuing these discussions. If a more specific
list is needed, or detailed doc drafting happens, we can always use
www-archive or investigate a new list. For now I think the mission and
membership of www-rdf-logic (see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/)
is close enough.

That said, SW Coordination Group has the job of figuring out how to
prioritise this work, so this is my view only at this stage...