Re: Semantics review: body

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:20:15 +0300
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

[[
q)
"Datatype clashes and assertions that ill-typed literals are of type
rdfs:Literal are the only inconsistencies recognized by this model theory. "

are you sure - this sentence looks like a hostage to fortune, but I tend to
agree with it.
]]

Peter has pointed out the possibility of a datatype with empty value space -
lets suppose we have one identified by eg:broken .

Then

<eg:a> rdf:type <eg:broken> .

is a contradiction, but is only a datatype clash with a rather generous
reading of 'disjointness' in the defn of datatype clash.

I cannot see any other problems with empty datatypes - although the closure
rules for datatypes are incomplete, but that is too difficult to fix.

Jeremy