Re: Cut back RDFCore semantics doc

From: Ramanathan Guha <rguha@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:24:19 -0700
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, w3c-rdfcore-wg-request@w3.org
Can't we have a non-normative W3C Note that we refer to from the normative

Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Sent by: w3c-rdfcore-wg-request@w3.org
06/17/2003 12:06 PM
        To:     w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
        Subject:        Re: Cut back RDFCore semantics doc

> removing the closure rules? I'm totally unconvinced
> and feeling completely lost... (again tears)
> better later publish an errata!

I have discussed this issue with HP colleagues and we support Jos's

While we obviously should not rule out cutting the closure rules, we
should be
convinced that it is necessary to do so

Given that they are informative I would argue that even if we are not 100%

convinced that they are right it is OK to go to Rec acknowleding the
possibility of errata.

I probably would not be prepared to have a second last call just for the
closure rules - but if that became the substance of the issue I would want
consult with my colleagues.