[Fwd: Re: Comments from RDFCore on S+AS]

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2003 11:33:44 +0100
To: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To: bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com, public-webont-comments@w3.org
Subject: Re: Comments from RDFCore on S+AS
Date: 17 Jun 2003 11:01:23 +0200

Dear Brian,

concerning the comments of RDF Core in

> owlsas-rdfcore-np-complete

We have accepted this comment and made appropriate changes to eliminate the
embedding of the Hamiltonian Path problem.

for decision.

> owlsas-rdfcore-bnodes-restrictions

We agree that there may be cause for concern, but note that the changes
requested would minimally require a major rework of the direct semantics of
OWL DL. (Section 3 of S&AS).

We have created a new issue and postponed it, so that a future group may,
the benefit of deployment experience, assess whether these concerns were
legitimate, and whether the quantity of work required to attempt to address
this issue is motivated.

We are still considering relaxing some of the constraints on bnodes
corresponding to class expressions; however, this does not seem to be your
main concern. We will notify you of any change.

Please reply to public-webont-comments to indicate if these responses are

Jeremy Carroll on behalf of WebOnt WG