RE: RDF Use Case: scraping metadata from the web

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:56:50 +0100
To: "'Brian McBride'" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "'rdf core'" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, "'i18n'" <w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org>

> But lets assume we are far sighted and assume that markup will be
> allowed in titles in the future.

I believe it will be allowed in XHTML 2.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-structure.html#s_structuremodule

Until now the fact that only PCDATA has been allowed in the <title>
element of XHTML/HTML has caused some problems, such as markup of
bidirectional text for eg. Arabic / Hebrew users, and markup of language
change (eg. For WAI voice browsers that need to detect the changes).

RI
Richard Ishida
W3C

tel: +44 1753 480 292
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/
http://www.w3.org/International/
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/

See the W3C Internationalization FAQ page
http://www.w3.org/International/questions.html