Re: Properties no longer required to be resources?

At 10:59 31/07/03 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:
> > Or, more informally, I think that although IP and IR may be disjoint in
> > RDF-interpretations, where there is no available vocabulary for this to be
> > visible or otherwise in an RDF expression, the semantic conditions on RDFS
> > interpretation require that IP be a subset of IR.
>
>The question was about RDF entailment.  Pat states that my test
>entailment, which just uses RDF vocabulary, holds in RDF.  I think you
>are now saying that it doesn't.

Er, how can you have an RDF-entailment of a result that contains RDFS
vocabulary, unless that term is in an antecedent?

[Checks original question...]

[[
   sss ppp ooo .

rdf entail

   ppp rdf:type rdf:Resource .
]]

Er, I missed this before, but what's rdf:Resource?

[[
RDF vocabulary
  rdf:type   rdf:Property rdf:XMLLiteral rdf:nil rdf:List rdf:Statement
rdf:subject rdf:predicate rdf:object rdf:first rdf:rest rdf:Seq rdf:Bag
rdf:Alt rdf:_1 rdf:_2 ... rdf:value
]]
-- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-mt-20030117/#InterpVocab

[[
RDFS vocabulary
rdfs:domain rdfs:range rdfs:Resource rdfs:Literal rdfs:Datatype rdfs:Class
rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:member rdfs:Container
rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty rdfs:comment rdfs:seeAlso rdfs:isDefinedBy
rdfs:label
]]
-- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-mt-20030117/#rdfs_interp

#g