Properties no longer required to be resources?

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 30 Jul 2003 15:23:35 +0100
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

I just noticed an editorial (?) tweak (pointed out by pfps) to the
semantics document that the semantic constraint that properties must be
a subset of resources has been removed from the current editors draft.

Pat, this is rather more than just an editorial tweak.

1. M&S states that properties are a subset of resources
2. Object oriented implementations of RDF typically have property
objects that are subclass of resources - is that still an accurate
3. I've seen no last call comment that justifies the change

The claim in the change log that it does not affect entailments is
false.  Test case:

  sss ppp ooo .

rdf entail

  ppp rdf:type rdf:Resource .

I believe the answer should be yes, but in any case the answer is
distinguishable in RDF.