Re: [Fwd: Jena semantic tests]

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 11:22, Brian McBride wrote:
> [...]
[...]
> ** Failures - will not fix:
> PositiveEntailmentTest rdfms-seq-representation/Manifest.rdf#test004 - FAIL
> PositiveEntailmentTest rdfms-seq-representation/Manifest.rdf#test002 - FAIL
>   These two tests assert that the empty document entails various properties
>   of _1. By my reading of the specs this is not correct, only mentioned
>   container membership properties should result in such entailments and
>   there are no such mentions in the empty document.

That's my understanding too. I haven't double-checked the text.
I recommend changing the test.

>   If I'm wrong and these tests are correct then we will not implement
>   them anyway, this is too alien to users to be acceptable.
>
> PositiveEntailmentTest xmlsch-02/Manifest.rdf#whitespace-facet-3 - FAIL
>   This tests bNode introduction - that a typed literal entails a graph
>   with a bNode of type rdf:Literal. We have deliberately omitted the
>   bNode introduction rules from the reasoner config on the grounds that
>   this is not the way an RDF API should do it - users can query the
>   nodes themselves for type information and creating virtual triples
>   for this would be wrong from an API perspective.

Hmm... I wonder what that means for queries ala
find all ?V such that
	<myDoc> dc:author ?V.
	?V rdf:type rdfs:Literal.

Seems like something to watch during CR... er... hmm...
we're leaning toward not doing a CR. hmm...

> ** Failures - could fix:
> NegativeEntailmentTest xmlsch-02/Manifest.rdf#whitespace-facet-2 - FAIL
> NegativeEntailmentTest xmlsch-02/Manifest.rdf#whitespace-facet-1 - FAIL
>   These test non-mutual entailment of a valid literal with an invalid
>   literal that differs only by whitespace. Unfortunately our XSD
>   handling library is happy with the whitespace and doesn't
>   treat " 3 " as an invalid int.
>   This could be fixed if that is indeed how XSD is supposed to work,
>   though the current behaviour seems more useful in practice.

Would somebody please turn that into a question of clarification
for the XML Schema folks?