Re: RDF Concepts editors draft updated

From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 02:18:35 -0500
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>I have done these four actions, as per the telecon minutes:
>I18N interest:
>JJC   add warning to Concepts 3.4 to use XML if markup required
>more boring:
>JJC   apply pfps-22/23 changes as agreed last week
>JJC   remove normative references to RDFS URI
>JJC   remove references to term "RDF core" in Concepts
>(mainly impacting section 4)
>Editors draft URI:
>Graham, please review section 4, and if the overall text looks OK give peter a
>heads up to see if he is less unhappy.
>The text I have added to 3.4 is a normal paragraph at the end of the section
>which reads:
>For natural language text that may require markup, the use of typed literals
>with type rdf:XMLLiteral is suitable. In such cases, a language tag, if
>required, must be

The 'if required must be' seems odd: it seems to insist without
insisting, if you see what I mean. Suggest rewording perhaps as

"in such cases, if a language tag is required it must be"

>explicitly included within the markup, usually as the value
>of a xml:lang or lang attribute, possibly on a span or div element,
>additional to the principal content [XHTML].
>The informative reference to XHTML is new.

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell