Re: Comment/testcase I18N-01?

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 14:13, Dave Beckett wrote:

[...]

> > DaveB: is my reading of syntax correct?
>
> No.

Whew!

> That string is entirely defined by Exclusive XML Canonicalization text
> (with comments) which is linked directly from [1] and since that
> normatively uses Canonical XML, which says:
>
>   "Special characters in attribute values and character content are replaced by character references"
>   -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315#Terminology
>
> and in detail:
>   [[Text Nodes- the string value, except all ampersands are replaced by
>   &amp;, all open angle brackets (<) are replaced by &lt;, all closing
>   angle brackets (>) are replaced by &gt;, and all #xD characters are
>   replaced by &#xD;.]]
>   2.3 Processing Model, http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315#ProcessingModel
>
> That should be:
>
> _:a <eg:prop> "<em>&lt;br /&gt;</em>^^ rdf:XMLLiteral .

Ok.  I should have known better.  I didn't read far enough down the
section.

The text states that the following triple is added to the graph:

  e.parent.subject.string-value <e.URI> o.string-value

where o.string-value links to:

[[
string-value

        The value is the concatenation of the following in this order
        """ (1 double quote), the value of the ·literal-value· accessor,
        """ (1 double quote), "^^<", the value of the ·literal-datatype·
        accessor and ">".
]]

This is then overridden by

[[
The string used as the lexical form of the XML Literal is the Exclusive
XML Canonicalization [XML-XC14N]) with comments and with empty
InclusiveNamespaces PrefixList of the literal text l, i.e. the entire
element content of this property element.
]]

The term lexical form of the XML literal does not bind strongly to
o.string-value.  Thats why I got confused.

Brian