Re: keep RDFS a separate layer from RDF

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 16:18, Graham Klyne wrote:
> Until now, I've understood that, as a working group, we've been moving
> toward defining RDF *and* RDFS, without being particularly concerned about
> layering the defining documents.

Not so; I was very concerned about this in my Nov 2002 review
of RDF concepts:

  "<CRITICAL>...the normative documentation of RDF doesn't include RDFS"
  --
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Nov/0001.html

and you accepted the comment.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Nov/0076.html

>   I think it's rather late in the day to
> start backing away from this position.

On the contrary, it's rather late to start mixing them.

> Lacking some more compelling rationale, I'm inclined to decline this request.

I hope you find this compelling.