Re: keep RDFS a separate layer from RDF

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:18:36 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Until now, I've understood that, as a working group, we've been moving
toward defining RDF *and* RDFS, without being particularly concerned about
layering the defining documents.  I think it's rather late in the day to
start backing away from this position.

Lacking some more compelling rationale, I'm inclined to decline this request.

At 09:59 11/07/03 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:

>Please keep links from concepts to [RDF-VOCABULARY]
>informative, and add a note to semantics that
>while it specifies both languages, it completely
>specifies RDF without reference to RDFS.
>
>In particular, strike the 2nd bullet under
>"4. RDF Core URI Vocabulary and Namespaces (Normative)"
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-concepts-20030117/#section-URIspaces
>
>http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema# (conventionally associated with
>namespace prefix rdfs:)
>
>and move the [RDF-VOCABULARY] citation from the list of
>normative references to the informative references.
>
>--
>Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>